Den of the Cyphered Wolf

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Media Ratings Guide

Okay this week I was going to review Pink Pants by Jet, but a lot of how I felt about it was tied to the belief that it was by the Jet that did Get Born. My gut is screaming to me that it was misfiled by Napster and Rhapsody. So I think instead of a review I'll take this as an opportunity to explain how I give media ratings. These aren't just about albums but sum up my general feelings about all sorts of different media; movies, books, video games, music. You get the drift.

1 Star out of 5: Don't Insult Me
This means that I feel that the makers and producers of this thing insulted media consumers by assuming that they could put this out and still make money. It's shit.

2 Stars out of 5: Nice Try, but no cigar
I can see what was trying to be done, but I don't think it succeeded.

3 Stars out of 5: Meh
I don't particularly like it, but I can easily see why someone else might.

4 Stars out of 5: I can dig it.
It's something I really like.

5 Stars out of 5: Personal Classic
Everybody has those books they reread, those movies that they watch a bajillion times, those songs that are auto-includes on their playlists. For me these are those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments

Note: These Comments are from all across this blog.