Den of the Cyphered Wolf

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Album Review : Limp Bizkit : Gold Cobra




Limp Bizkit
Gold Cobra
3.5/5


Fred Durst. Fred Durst. I got to be honest while now days it's pretty much the thing to bust on Limp Bizkit, back in the day I loved their sound. I mostly got into them with New Old Songs, then revisited Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water. I always thought the reason people ripped on them so much wasn't so much because their music sucked but because Fred Durst had such an abrasive personality. (Dude, tell it like it is. He's kind of an unapologetic douche.) Listening to this album his personality is everywhere in the lyrics, especially in the first half of the album. Sometimes it's fun machismo escapism and others it can get really grating. That said beyond Fred Durst being Fred Durst the drums and guitar are really cool. The guitar is heavy as hell, especially in the first half If you can get beyond the Durst effect it's a really fun album.

During the second half the album slows the tempo down a bit, but it still sounds really cool. I know I might be sticking my neck out a bit by saying it but people really should give this album a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments

Note: These Comments are from all across this blog.